Tinley Park

The Village of Tinley Park, Illinois, has been thriving and growing for more than a century. Permanent settlement in the area began in the 1830s by folks whose upstanding, Midwestern values have been passed down from generation to generation. In 1853, the Village was officially established as Bremen, a name that reflected the community’s German roots. 

Commerce of all sorts thrived in the early days. Tradesmen, merchants, farmers, hotels and a progressive wind-driven mill and grain elevator helped Bremen serve the needs of the entire region. Located directly on the route of the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroads lines, the community flourished with economic growth. 

The modern-day Village of Tinley Park owes its name to the railroad, as well. In 1890, Bremen changed its name to honor Samuel Tinley Sr., the community’s first railroad station agent. Then, at an historic meeting at the train depot on June 27, 1892, citizens voted 34 to 24 to incorporate as the Village of Tinley Park. 

Based on information submitted to the MRED as of Feb 20, 2020 2:05:pm. All data is obtained from various sources and has not been, and will not be, verified by broker or MRED. MRED supplied Open House information is subject to change without notice. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.

NOTICE: Many homes contain recording devices, and buyers should be aware they may be recorded during a showing.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE